Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Table at Une Table, Au Sud

The next two pictures are dining room tables at Une Table, Au Sud. I fortunately got to eat at the table of two with another stagaire who was leaving around the same time as I was. The food was great and very inventive. The tables have a great view of the Vieux-Port and looks stunning at all times of day, especially sunset.
Various table objects are flowers, linens and a large novelty fork and spoon which are just for presentation. In a Michelin starred restaurant, they spare no expense.





These are the fortunate people who work at the restaurant. A few are missing because on my last night we weren't very busy so some of them got to night off. We were about 12 people in the kitchen on a busy night including the chef. I also had the opportunity to work with the Sous-Chef (Ludo) who took part of the french tv show TOP CHEF. He was very happy when guests recognized him and talked to him about his time on tv. He loved the ladies.

A picture with Mori aka Mori-Son. He was another stagaire who will be at the restaurant until the end of July. He was from Japan and barely spoke or understood any French. He had a black belt in Judo so I befriended him very quickly; fyi I was able to surprise him with my ninja focus and would have been able to kill him.

A picture with me and the Chef, Lionel Levy. He is the stereotypical french chef. He yells, screams and throws stuff. It was crazy some days but it was all worth it. French people are short; notice who is taller?

No comments:

Post a Comment